- Peer Research Consultants
- SMART Learning Commons
- Student Academic Success Services (SASS)
- Student Writing Support
The Peer Research Consultants provide one-on-one assistance to develop the research strategies needed to write an excellent research paper. The consultants are U of M students who are specially trained to help other students:
- Find scholarly or academic articles
- Narrow down your paper topics
- Create thesis statements or research questions
- Navigate the Libraries' website and locate good databases for a topic
- Choose good keywords for searching
- Evaluate articles and websites
The SMART Learning Commons supports and enhances student learning, writing, research, numeracy, and use of technology at the University of Minnesota. As a central feature of the undergraduate learning initiatives within the University’s strategic positioning plan, SMART is a unit of the office of the Vice-provost for Academic Affairs and Dean of Undergraduate Education.
SASS provides learning support services including:
- Individual Consultation & Counseling
- Study Skills Resources
Our primary purpose is to help students be SUCCESSFUL at the University of Minnesota. We are available for consultation to faculty and staff as well. Check out our website to see what we have to offer you!
Student Writing Support
Student Writing Support provides free writing instruction for all University of Minnesota students—graduate and undergraduate—at all stages of the writing process. In face-to-face and online collaborative consultations, we help students develop productive writing habits and revision strategies.