- Peer Research Consultants
- Tutoring & Academic Success Center
- Academic Departments with Tutor Rooms/Help Labs
- Student Writing Support
The Peer Research Consultants provide one-on-one assistance to develop the research strategies needed to write an excellent research paper. The consultants are U of M students who are specially trained to help other students:
- Find scholarly or academic articles
- Narrow down your paper topics
- Create thesis statements or research questions
- Navigate the Libraries' website and locate good databases for a topic
- Choose good keywords for searching
- Evaluate articles and websites
- Peer tutors who support multiple subject areas including math, chemistry, physics, statistics, biology, and writing.
- Academic success coaching appointments to help you with study skills, reading strategies, time management, and test anxiety.
- Online self-guided EffectiveU tutorials to help with group projects, getting started at the U, note-taking skills, & more!
- For credit academic skill classes that can help you understand your strengths as a learner, and identify opportunities to enhance your success with your coursework.
Multiple academic departments also provide tutoring services to help support student success. Department based academic support areas are staffed by tutors and teaching assistants.
- Chemistry Tutor Room
- Biology Tutor Room
- Physics Help Room
- Math Lab
Student Writing Support
Student Writing Support through the Center for Writing provides free writing instruction for all University of Minnesota students—graduate and undergraduate—at all stages of the writing process. In face-to-face and online collaborative consultations, we help students develop productive writing habits and revision strategies.