There are many banks in the Twin Cities. Services vary widely from bank to bank. You can set up an account to open a checking and savings account, deposit money, or receive/send money transfers. Banks on or near campus include:
- Coffman Union, Room G057 (East Bank)
- 1324 5th St SE (Dinkytown)
- 718 Washington Ave SE (Stadium Village)
- 401 14th Ave SE (Dinkytown)
- West Bank Skyway, Room 140 (West Bank)
- 2600 E Franklin Ave (Cedar-Riverside)
- 3430 University Ave SE (Prospect Park)
- 1801 Riverside Ave (West Bank)
Most local banks are not able to exchange foreign money (currency). Some banks offer currency exchange, but there is a fee for this service and often you must call in advance for them to order the currency. You can exchange your money (currency) at the following locations:
- US Bank (IDS Center/Downtown) - No account required, but there is a fee.
- Wells Fargo (IDS Center/Downtown) - No account required, but there is a fee.